Monday, August 30, 2010

Wordlessness (not Worldlessness)

By Mike Pak

Some days I wish not to speak
to abstain from language
fold it neatly and
hide it in my pockets,
not letting it schism my thoughts
my world
and the wind that pulls leaves
from trees I've never seen.
But not all nights are patient,
and some nights the stars
seem to taunt me
and the moon laughs
at my attempts to avoid language
and the stones language chips away.
How can I tell others of
my war on language
when my words themselves are cloven
from the mountains
I fear are crumbling?

Michael Pak has lived and travelled around the world, most recently across the continental states from coast to coast. His poetry blog Farts! (http://braddagod.blogspot.com) is updated every Tuesday and Thursday. He lives in Kaneohe, Hawaii.

2 comments:

  1. On the day the mountains do crumble, Mike, I'm going to find you and together we'll rebuild what we may have lost, letting the stones speak for themselves.

    ReplyDelete